TherapyPortal is an online telehealth service that connects you directly to your clinician once you have signed in to your user account and clicked on the portal link. This allows you to focus on the session and to worry less about finding Zoom links and passcodes.
Information before you get your portal set up:
Chrome, Edge, and Firefox are the supported browsers to use if you are accessing this site from a Microsoft device.
For Mac or IOS devices, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox are supported browsers.
For any device, make sure that your browser and operating system have the newest version running.
If after you update your browser and operating, you are still unable to get TherapyPortal to bring up your session, try allowing pop-ups for the site.
In Edge browser to do this:
- Click on the three dots on the right-hand side of the address bar (…)
- Go down to (Settings)
- On the left-hand side, scroll down to (Site Permissions)
- Find (Pop-ups and Redirects)
- In the Allow section, select (Add)
- Input the TherapyNotes address and hit Enter
- Try to open the portal again Most browsers follow a similar path to allow block-ups.
If you are having trouble figuring out the steps in your browser to allow the site, search in the web for “allowing block-ups in [your browser name]”. This should provide instructions for your specific browser.
To set up TherapyPortal:
- You will receive a welcome email from TherapyPortal with a link to set up your user account. You will need to create a password for this account.
- Login page: www.therapyportal.com/p/solutions56520
- Enter your Therapy Portal Username and Password, select Log In
If you sign up for email reminders, TherapyPortal will send you the link for the login before each session with the reminder.
If you do not sign up for email reminders, then you can use the login page link above to access the portal for appointments.
You can login to TherapyPortal at any time to see when your or your child’s upcoming sessions are scheduled. As always with technology, there are risks and benefits associated with its use. These have been outlined in your patient registration packet. However, please contact your clinician or the office with any questions you may have.
Joining your Telehealth Session
Once logged in, click Join Session:
You will want to make sure audio and video are enabled, then click “I’m Ready”:
Then you’ll see the Waiting Room: