School-Based Mental Health Program
Our school-based mental health program partners with local school-districts to provide on-site therapy to their students, eliminating access barriers (e.g. transportation, etc.). This allows children to receive needed services without adding additional stressors to the family. Services may be provided in person or via telehealth based on location and client needs.
Birchwood Therapeutic Services provides school based mental health services to: Grafton Public Schools, Fargo Public Schools, and Wahpeton Public Schools.
If you are interested in adding our services for your school or district, contact us at: 701-532-1353 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How does school-based mental health work:
A clinical mental health provider provides outpatient counseling using the school as a location for services. This is separate from the kind of care a student can receive from their school counselor.
- Parents don’t have to miss work
- Children don’t miss as much school time
- A strengthening of the relationship between provider and school in coordinating care to help the child be successful
Cost of Services:
- Services are billed to health insurance
- In some cases, there are grant opportunities for schools to apply for in order to assist families with cost of services